"Service Above Self"
Since its inception on February 23, 1980, the Rotary Club of Dulles International Airport and its members have been supporting people in need through charitable and community service activities.
Our objective is to help raise the quality of life of those less fortunate than us.
Our members - from a wide range of occupation and backgrounds from Loudoun and western Fairfax counties - are unified by our shared commitment to enhancing the quality of life of those in our local community and internationally.
Our club members are all unpaid volunteers who raise money to fund our non-profit, 501(c)3 Dulles Foundation Club which manages the finances of our charitable activities.
We cordially invite you to join us on any Friday morning for breakfast at the Hilton Washington Dulles Airport to meet our members and to learn more about our efforts to give back to our community and those in need.
Our charitable activities include:
- Donations to local organizations supporting developmentally challenged members of our community:
- Every Citizen Has Opportunities (ECHO)
- Arc of Northern Virginia
- Arc of Loudoun
- Scholarships for graduating service oriented high school students who demonstrate genuine need, desire, and ability to successfully pursue a college degree
- Sponsorship of local scouting organizations
- Sponsorship of Interact Clubs in our high schools serving to teach students the virtue of community service and the values of Rotary
- Support for the Fraternal Organization of Police, Lodge 69 of Loudoun County annual "Cops and Kids" event which helps children in need to purchase Christmas presents for their families
- Collaboration with Honor Air of Knoxville to bring World War II and Korean War veterans to Washington to visit to the memorials that honor their service to our nation
- Support for our good friends at the German Armed Forces Command and their wonderful German fundraising activities including their annual Octoberfest and Kristkindl Market
- We are founding members of the Strategic Water Alliance, a cooperative initiative by multiple Rotary Clubs in the Northern Virginia area to provide fresh water to communities in Zambia. To date we have provided 31 Zambian communities with water and sanitary facilities promoting health and quality of life
- We partner annually with Holt International Childrens' Services and other Rotary District 7610 clubs to fund major projects that assist at-risk children worldwide
- We actively support Rotary International's efforts to eradicate polio worldwide and to provide fresh water across the globe
- We are proud to support the Shelter Box Program and provide essential shelter and household tools to families displaced from their homes by natural and manmade disasters worldwide